Kids Dental Office is Hiring
Our children's dental office is growing and expanding! We are looking to hire both a front office coordinator as well as a chairside dental assistant. If you believe you are the right match for our office, please fax your resume to (719) 550-1212, drop it off in-person Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to welcome YOU into our practice family!!!
Cool Mountain Kids Helps Black Forest
This weekend our office had the privilege of having a booth at the annual Black Forest Festival in the Black Forest region just Northeast of Colorado Springs. Though the community is small, this annual event draws thousands from around the region. Highlights include a parade, petting zoo, live music, great food, and local artists selling their goods. This year Gov. Hickenlooper was also present to help dedicate the memorial to the Black Forest fire that occurred in June 2013. This wildfire burned nearly 500 homes and took the lives of two individuals.
The Black Forest is very special to Dr. Derek and his family. Dr. Derek's wife grew-up in the forest. One year before the fire, they moved to the area with the hopes of starting their family in this unique and special community. When the fire broke out, 2/3 of their immediate neighbors lost their home. Dr. Derek's home was narrowly spared, but he and his wife were forced to live in a hotel for three weeks as the area was largely uninhabitable due to downed utilities, etc. Less than 8 weeks after the fire, Dr. Derek and his wife welcomed their newborn son into the world!
Two years have passed since that catastrophe, and the region will never be the same. The once thick forest is still scarred with remnants of some burned houses and foundations, and large patches of trees are still in need of being clear cut. It is encouraging, however, to see the new homes being constructed and hope again being restored. This community is extremely resilient, and the impact of such a natural disaster has only made it's citizens that much stronger.
8 Teeth Animal Facts
1. Chimpanzees have 32 teeth-- the same as most adult humans!
2. Giraffes do not have any top front teeth-- they are only on their lower jaw! However, they do have 20 inch+ tongues that make up for their lack of front teeth!
3. Sharks teeth fall out fairly easily, but they typically replace them within a few days.
4. An alligator can go through 3,000 teeth in its lifetime!
5. A snail's mouth is about the size of a pin head, but its tongue can have up to 25,000 teeth!
6. Dog saliva has a very high pH (i.e. it's not acidic.) This helps prevent man's best friend from getting cavities!
7. An elephant's molars can weigh up to 10 lbs!!!
8. The largest mammal on the planet, the blue whale, only eats small creatures like shrimp because it does not have any teeth!
Teeth Cleaning for Candy Month
Well, the fine folks of the world-wide web claim June is "National Candy Month" (in addition to "National Accordion Awareness Month" and "National Adopt-A-Cat Month.") Has your little one been getting into a lot of sweets lately? Are they overdue for their dental cleaning and check-up? If so, give us a call at (719) 550-1010. It's so much better to catch cavities when they are small!!!